Tuesday 15 March 2011

Optimism can be shortlived....

So after a brilliant win against Forest I'm sure many Blades, along with myself, felt that we could get some more points at a difficult trip to Watford.

I have to be honest I was quite excited to see Darius Henderson back in a red and white shirt, he's not the most skillful of players, but he at least gives us that strength up front to hold the ball up and hopefully get his head onto some crosses.

So at 3:10pm on Saturday all my newfound optimism had been replaced by the crushing disapointment that our beloved Blades were 'back to their best' defensively. Poor defending followed by our own centre back Neil Collins trying to stick it into our own net gifted an open net for Watford's Graham.

As has happened countless times this season, the Blades managed to press their self destruct button. Henderson returning from injury in style by getting sent off within 30 minutes, adding to his very impressive (for the wrong reasons!) disciplinary record.

Of course I could sit here and explain our shortfallings in this match but with another red card for our beloved Blades in the first half I think the 3 nil scoreline explains everything we need to know.

We're running out of time now for Mickey and the boys to turn things around. As a Blade I have no choice but to stay optimistic of survival until it is mathematically impossible, but even my 'glass is half full' approach has taken a serious beating this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment