Wednesday 30 March 2011

Cheer up Blades

Morning Blades fans, I'm sure I'm not the only person to have felt a little bit depressed with our season so far. The main problem within our team is a distinct lack of quality, so I started thinking back to the real quality we've had at Bramall Lane in recent years.

Of course we have to think of Phil Jagielka - the goals against Leeds and Middlesbrough are still vivid in my mind and Michael Tonge - THAT freekick against Wednesday and the brilliant 1 man show against Liverpool.

But in terms of consistent attacking quality we can look no further than Michael Brown. The 2002/2003 season was one of the best times of my life as a young Blade. Ignoring Michael Brown's numerous goals we also had the beauty of beating Leeds, Sunderland and Liverpool on the way to the semi finals of both domestic cups. Not forgetting the memorable 2nd half fightback from 2-0 down against Forest in the playoff semi final.

In tribute to the Blades of that season, and because I needed cheering up and reminding of 'the good old days' I'm putting this video from Youtube up.

Enjoy it Blades fans, our time will come again!

No comments:

Post a Comment